Study in Italy - Get Expert Guidance
Italy is a historic and beautiful country situated in the south-central part of Europe and consists of a peninsula bordered by the Alps and surrounded by several islands. Due to its strategically important location, Italy has historically been very important and has had a rich history. Because of its proximity to the Mediterranean, Italy has been a place where numerous people from a number of different cultures and backgrounds have come and this has led to modern day Italy becoming a place where the culture is multi-ethnic and the people are welcoming and warm.
India- Italy relations have always been very friendly, with a large number of Indian students studying and living in Italy. The country has an excellent education system. An Italy education can go a long way to turning your life into a success story, with a large of number of students who study Italy being witnesses to this fact. The efficiency of the Italian education system owes to the fact that education is free and available to children of all nationalities who are residents in Italy. Choosing an Italy education for Indian students is therefore a wise step in the lives of the parents who want to see their children do well.
Why study in Italy?
Italy is one of the most educated and economically advanced countries in the world. In fact, it is the eighth-largest economy in the world in terms of nominal GDP. It also has high standards of life expectancy, quality of life, healthcare and education. Italy is also the country where the world's highest number of World Heritage Sites are located and it is also the fifth-most visited country on Earth.
Italian universities are also considered very prestigious and are among the oldest in the world. The University of Bologna is considered by some as one of the oldest universities in the world.
A study in Italy for Indian students will therefore prove to be a choice that one will always look back upon with great favour. Italy also invests heavily in its education sector, making the country not only extremely beautiful, but also one of the most student friendly nations in the world. Besides, another one of the many benefits of studying in Italy is the fact that most universities are state supported, which means that the expenses are not very high.
Popular Cities to study in Italy
The universities in Italy are known for the great attention that they provide to their students, as well as for the affordable education and placement opportunities. The people and the cities in Italy are also known for their hospitality and inclusive character. The top universities in Italy offer excellent education and cater to a large number of students from all over the world.
- Rome- It is the capital city of Italy and one of the most ancient cities of the world. It has been inhabited for almost three millennia. It is a multi-cultural and historic city, and it is the 11th most visited city in the world. Besides its fashion and cultural scene, Rome is also famous for its architecture. It is a beautiful city and has some of the best universities in Italy which include the Sapienza-Università di Roma and the Università deli Studi Roma Tre.
- Florence- It is a beautiful city and the capital of the mesmerising Tuscany region with a diverse economy and is home to one of the best universities in Italy, the University of Florence.
- Milan- It is a popular tourist destination and the second most populous city of Italy. It is considered as a famous fashion destination and an art lover’s paradise. Top universities in Milan include the Politecnico di Milano, Università degli Studi di Milano, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi, Università degli Studi di Pavia, University of Milano-Bicocca, Vita-Salute San Raffaele University and the University of Milan.
- Pisa- It is another historic city in the Tuscany region of Italy. It is famous for its Leaning Tower. The most well-known universities in Pisa are the Università di Pisa, Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa and the Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies of Pisa.
- Bologna- It is a historic as well as commercially important city in Italy and is a hub of agricultural, industrial, financial and transport industries. The universities in Bologna include the University of Bologna, Collegio di Spagna, Johns Hopkins University, Academy of Fine Arts of Bologna, Collegio Superiore di Bologna and the Carpigiani Gelato University.
Student Visa Italy Requirements
An Italy student visa is of different types depending on the country you belong to and the duration of your course. As an Indian student, the most commonly required student visa is the Visa type D, which is a Long-stay visa valid for more than 90 days.
The Italy student visa cost comes to around 10,000 rupees.
Before applying for studies in Italy, you should apply for and obtain a good scale in IELTS or TOEFL which are English language exams. You should also check the respective institutional website for other eligibility related information.
Scholarship in Italy for Indian Students
A large number of universities in Italy are publicly funded, so the cost of studying is quite affordable. But foreign education can still be expensive, and the expenses can be taken care of by the many funding opportunities as well as by securing a scholarship in Italy. Some of these are the Italian government Scholarships for foreign and IRE students ,EDISU Piemonte Scholarships, Bologna University Study Grants for International Students, Bocconi Scholarships in Italy for International Students and the Politecnico di Torino International Scholarships. So there are a number of opportunities to study in Italy with scholarship. For information on independent bodies providing scholarships in Italy, visit the individual university websites.
Jobs after Studying in Italy
Italy has a small population, and the fact that its economy is based on the service sector makes it pretty lucrative and easy for students to find part-time jobs. This also makes it comparatively easy to find and secure jobs in Italy. Applying for an Italy work visa is also easy and manageable. You can apply for a Work Visa and an Italian Work Permit, but you will also have to secure a residence permit to work in Italy.
How much does it cost to study in Italy?
The Euro is the currency of Italy. The cost of study in Italy varies depending upon the program you are applying to. The cost of living in Italy is also comparatively low. Visit the institution website for further information.