MBA in the UK for Indian Students
MBA in the UK is an excellent program for students aspiring to study abroad. It is especially beneficial for Indian students as MBA is the most sought-after course preferred by Indians. If one is looking to study MBA abroad the UK would be the best possible destination as its institutions rank in the top 100’s of the world. Over 100 universities offer this program, with an employability rate above 95% and their degree is reputable and internationally accepted. The program helps the students develop a grip on the management domain and it also allows for specialization in subjects like International Business, Finance, Supply Chain, Hotel Management, Healthcare Management, etc. The cost of pursuing an MBA in UK would be around INR 30 lakhs and the students would be required to show their scores in the GRE or GMAT exam along with English proficiency proof of IELTS or TOEFL.
Highlights of MBA in UK
|Number of Colleges offering the program||More than 100|
|Cost of the program in the UK (in INR)||30 Lakhs|
|Average Salary (in INR)||50 Lakhs|
|Specialization Courses||International Business, Finance, Supply Chain, Hotel Management, Healthcare Management, etc.|
|Examinations Required||GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, IELTS|
Advantages of Pursuing an MBA from the UK
It is a great opportunity for students to study MBA in the UK as it would expose them to various aspects of business management like planning, organizing, directing, staffing, coordinating, and budgeting. The course also fosters development in areas of finance, marketing, human resource, and administration. There are several advantages if you consider to study MBA in UK, a few of them are listed as follows: -
- The UK universities provide their students with a degree that is internationally recognized.
- UK universities like Oxford, Cambridge, and London Business School are renowned for quality education.
- As students from different countries apply to study in the UK, it provides a diverse ambiance to study and learn.
- UK, being a business hub, is an ideal location to study and gain practical experience in the management domain.
- MBA graduates can get ample opportunities for networking with the greatest business tycoons and professionals.
- MBA graduates from the UK are highly in demand for internships or jobs in companies worldwide.
- Students can also pursue post-graduate or research programs in business if they study MBA in the UK.
- Most of the programs offered, except the core management courses, are one-year programs.
- There are plenty of opportunities for students to avail scholarships which might be up to 50% of their tuition fees.
Top MBA Universities in the UK
There are several universities to opt for MBA in the UK. However, we have shortlisted the best MBA universities in UK based on their ranking, exams duration, and tuition fees so that you can easily make a good choice.
|University Name||Duration||QS World University Rankings: MBA rankings 2023||Exams Accepted||Average Tuition Fees|
|University of London||1-5 years||=64||IELTS PTE||INR 20 Lakh|
|Oxford||1 Year||=13||GMAT, GRE||INR 60 Lakh|
|University of Cambridge||1 Year||17||GMAT, GRE||INR 57 Lakh|
|University of Warwick||1 Year||32||GMAT: 650 avg, GRE||INR 41 Lakh|
|University of Manchester||15 months||=45||IELTS PTE +2||INR 35 Lakh|
|Cranfield University||15 months||75||GMAT (600), GRE||INR 39 Lakh|
|City, University of London||1 Year||=78||GMAT, GRE||INR 46 Lakh|
|Lancaster University||1 Year||111-120||IELTS: 6.5||INR 33 Lakh|
|University of Edinburgh||1 Year||=55||IELTS PTE||INR 32 Lakh|
|University of Leeds||121-130||=55||IELTS PTE||INR 31 Lakh|
Top MBA colleges in the UK
The United Kingdom (UK) is home to a number of prestigious business schools that are recognized internationally for their excellent MBA programs. Below mentioned are some of the best MBA colleges in UK to pursue MBA courses:
|College Name||QS Global Ranking||Tuition Fees as of 2023 in INR|
|London Business School||5||50.4 Lakhs|
|Oxford Business School||16||64 Lakhs|
|Cambridge Judge Business School||12||60 Lakhs|
|Imperial College Business School||21||55 Lakhs|
|Warwick Business School||35||45 Lakhs|
|Alliance Manchester Business School||47||45 Lakhs|
|Cranfield school of management||=87||39 Lakhs|
MBA Specializations in the UK
MBA Courses in UK come with the facility of specialization which is very beneficial as well as it improves the understanding and grip of students. It also increases the value of an MBA student’s profile by enhancing their skills and experiences.
- 1 MBA in General Management helps students easily run the basic errands of a business enterprise. It fosters qualities like leadership, coordination, and organization. The job placements may be in medium to large enterprises as General Manager, with a salary of around 60 Lakhs.
- 2 MBA in Marketing is one of the most popular course specializations and includes a great pay range between 37 Lakhs to 1.10 crores. Students may join as Market Research Analysts, Marketing Managers/Directors, Product Managers, Public Relations Managers, Advertising Managers, and Brand Managers. Above all, it is open to all industries.
- 3 MBA in Business Strategy provides a wide range of career options, including critical thinking, problem-solving, and business analysis. Students may apply for Business Analyst, Strategic Planning Manager, Operations, and Program Managers. Their pay scale is around 1 crore.
- 4 MBA in Finance includes topics like investment, portfolio management, international financial management, and work areas related to Operations and Program managers. The pay range is around 90 Lakhs.
- 5 MBA in Human Resources equips students for hiring and training employees according to norms laid by the company. It is also open to all industries. The job opportunities are Chief Diversity Officer, Labor Relations Director, Training and Development Director, Compensation and Benefits Director. Their pay ranges between 44 to 88 Lakhs.
Eligibility for MBA in the UK
The following are MBA in UK Eligibility criteria that a student must satisfy in order to be admitted to a business program in the United Kingdom:
- An undergraduate degree of at least three years' duration in a relevant field from an accredited institution, or its international equivalent.
- Please provide any required transcripts, diplomas, and certifications.
- The Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) and the Graduate Record Examination (GERE) are the most common exams.
- If you want to do an MBA in the UK, you'll have to take an English proficiency exam like the IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE.
- You need at least two years of professional experience to enroll at a university in the United Kingdom. It's not always required, however.
Cost of Studying for an MBA in the UK
An MBA in the UK will typically cost more as its popularity grows. When deciding where to study business abroad, international students do their research. Students must plan their budgets to cover expenses in a variety of areas, including things like applying for a student visa to the United Kingdom, paying for that visa, and others. The MBA in the UK ranges from £31,000 to £88,000, and the program duration is anywhere from 12 to 21 months. The average annual cost of British education for an Indian student is between INR 24 lakhs and INR 80 lakhs. These include the university's tuition fees and the cost of the student visa and others.
Student Visa Cost
India has seen a dramatic surge in the number of applications for student visas to the United Kingdom. Every day, between 20,000 and 30,000 Indian students apply for student visas to study in the United Kingdom. If you have been accepted to study at a university in the United Kingdom, you should first apply for a student visa. The visa application procedure typically takes three to four weeks. There are four distinct categories of student visas for the United Kingdom. The duration and nature of the course are critical factors in determining the appropriate visa application. A Tier 4 UK study visa is required for full-time students who want to enroll in a UK higher education institution. Tier 4 UK study visa applicants might fall into one of two categories.
|Student Visa||Eligibility||Application fees|
|Tier 4 UK Student Visa (General)||Enrolling in a course that lasts for over a year, candidates must be over 16 years||363 GBP (35,959 INR)|
|Tier 4 UK Student Visa (Child)||Students who are 4 to 15 years old||363 GBP (35,959 INR)|
Cost of Living in the UK
With the rising population, the price hike for MBA programs in the UK was approaching. Cost analysis before applying to any college or university is a must. The applicant has to consider not only the cost of an MBA in the UK but also other costs like travel expenses, food, clothing and miscellaneous, however, they might vary with the lifestyle.
|Particulars||Average monthly cost in INR|
|Mobile Phone & Internet||5,000-7,000|
|Clothing & Laundry||7,000-10,000|
Popular Scholarships for MBA in the UK for Indian Students
Scholarship to study MBA in UK is necessary as it is quite expensive to study and live there. Here are a few prestigious scholarships offered by the topmost business schools for MBA in the UK: -
- The Inlaks Scholarship, provided by the Shivdasani Foundation, helps MBA students with their tuition, books, and living expenses. Joint scholarship opportunities are available with Imperial College London, the Royal College of Art London, and the University of Cambridge (Cambridge Trust), and the foundation awards up to USD 100,000 (about GBP 73,000).
- The Chevening Scholarship is a fellowship for graduate business school that is open to exceptionally qualified students from India. This award is for the entire cost of a Master of Business Administration degree in the United Kingdom. These funds will help with everything from tuition to getting to the United Kingdom to getting a visa and covering travel expenses.
- The Commonwealth Masters Scholarships are offered by the UK Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) and are intended for students from low- and middle-income Commonwealth nations. It makes it simple for qualified individuals to enroll in a full-time Master of Business Administration degree at one of many UK institutions.
- GREAT Scholarships are awarded to MBA students from India and 17 other countries spanning Africa, Asia, and Europe (EU) and are jointly financed by the GREAT Britain Campaign and the British Council with cooperation from numerous UK institutions. Only tuition costs (up to a maximum of GBP 10,000) will be covered, not the applicant's living expenses.
- The School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) of the University of London, the University of Oxford, and the University of Reading all offer the Felix Scholarship. It will pay for one full year of school, one round-trip ticket, plus living costs.
MBA Job opportunities and salaries for UK
The Student Visa for UK would be valid for 16 months, making it possible to attend a 12-month program in the United Kingdom. As a result, you wouldn't have to hurry back to your native country to hunt for work in the next four months.
International students who have completed their studies in the United Kingdom may apply for a Post-Study Work visa to remain in the country for up to two years to look for employment. This guideline includes those with advanced degrees such as a master's or doctorate. Those who want to extend their stay in the UK after their PSW visa has expired must submit an application for either a skilled work visa or a general work visa (Tier 2 visa). To qualify for a Tier 2 visa, however, an applicant's annual income must be at least £30,000. But this might vary widely from one profession to another.
Earning an MBA from one of the best universities in the UK may open doors to high-paying jobs at reputable Indian companies. Some well-known UK universities provide sponsorship to their students to extend their visas so that they may remain in the country after finishing an MBA program there. This is helpful for paying back the loan you took out to study in the UK and storing up some money before you return home.
|Specialization||Job Profile||Average Salary/Year (INR)|
|MBA in Banking and Finance in UK||Finance Analyst | Finance Consulting Manager | Leveraged Finance Associate | Financial Management Associate||45.59 lakhs- 1 crore|
|MBA Human Resource Management in UK||Human Resources Manager | Program HR Manager | Practice Economics Manager | Global Development Program Leader||41.45 lakhs- 75.44 lakhs|
|MBA Information Technology in UK||Information Technology Manager | IT Services Manager | Solutions Architect Senior Manager | IT Senior Associate||27.55 lakhs- 87.25 lakhs|
|MBA General Management in UK||Consumer Strategy Manager | Business Development Manager | Risk Management Business Specialist | Senior Manager||24.87 lakhs- 78.76 lakhs|
|MBA Marketing in UK||Equity Portfolio | Business Intelligence Manager | Field Marketing Manager | P&L Controller||22.96 lakhs- 1.43 Cr.|
How Can Study Overseas Help Assist You in Study MBA in the UK?
Study Overseas Help do not take the process of consulting aspiring students as just business; they dwell deep into the needs and insights of the students and try to fulfil the dreams of those who seek their help. When considering to study MBA in UK for Indian Students, Study Overseas Help is the best choice. You must be thinking why then here it is
- We assist in student loan and student accommodation
- We will help you develop an impressive SOP, Visa cover letter, LOR and resume.
- From visa application to travel assistance, we are here for you.
- We prepare you effectively for the tests necessary for admission to schools in the United Kingdom.
- Consult with our trusted professionals who can guide you through the process.