You need to pass the IMAT exam if you have opted for a medical study program in Italy. The Ministry of Education and the Universities & Research - MIUR (Italy), made it compulsory since 2012 for international students to pass IMAT if they want to pursue medical programs in the country.
IMAT is just like any other competitive examination and has become a nightmare for students who want to indulge in Italy's medical programs. Don't worry at all; here, we will provide you the needed help to crack the IMAT test.
What is IMAT
At first sight, the exam appears too complicated and confusing for the students. But, this exam is designed to analyze your general and technical knowledge in the subjects like - Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics. Besides that, the exam analyzes your logical thinking.
So, try to imagine the exam in two major sections! Let's move step-by-step.
IMAT Syllabus & IMAT Preparation
First Section: Logical Thinking & Problem-Solving Skills
The IMAT exam is all about your logical and problem-solving skills. The major portion of the exam is based on it and obviously carries about fifty percentages of marks. If you can polish your logical reasoning skills, you are surely getting about fifty percent of the marks.
This is the major section of the exam and needs your nominal serious focus. Your analytical skills will make you score to get passing marks. Secondly, you need to complete the sentences provided with the blanks.
You can hone your problem-solving skills by going through the various books. This will improve your problem-solving ability; below, we have also mentioned the names of those books you can refer to.
As with any other competitive exam, try to solve the previous year's question papers. This will provide you the much-needed insight into the type of questions asked in the exam.
Second Section: Scientific and General Knowledge
Another fifty percent of the IMAT exam deals with four major subjects - Physics, Chemistry, Biology & Mathematics. Always remember biology takes up a significant share in this section, as it is all about medical study programs; if you are good at other subjects, that icing on the cake! But, if you keep your main focus on Biology and Section one subjects, you will surely have the upper hand.
Now, when you the exam format, it's time to move to how to prepare for the IMAT exam? Let us discuss it below:
- Always go through the IMAT booking guide.
- Try to utilize time to answer online IMAT exams, which will surely improve your speed and answering skills.
- Go through the relevant books related to IMAT exam preparations.
- Solve previous exam questions; it is the tried and tested trick to getting hone in competitive exams.
- Clear your doubts from teachers, mentors, and other students who have passed the exam.
The Steps to Study Biology
As we know, Biology holds the major position in another half of the exam. So, you should study this subject considering three major aspects - Knowledge in the Subject, Comprehension and How Quickly you Can Answer. Let us discuss it in detail below:
- Knowledge of the Subject: You must know the basic biology concepts, and when you are a medical aspirant, that is not an unreasonable demand at all. Study topics like - cell biology, genetics, biochemistry where you need to demonstrate your knowledge with some practical solving skills. Besides that, don't forget to study complicated topics nervous and endocrine systems.
- Comprehension: The IMAT exam not only test your knowledge but also check out the proper understanding of the subject by presenting confusing & tricky questions. This part also requires critical and logical reasoning, and as we said earlier, solve previous years' question papers to get acquainted with the types of questions asked.
- Ability to Answer Quickly: All competitive exams conducted globally are time-based, and the same goes with IMAT. It does not matter what's logical and analytical skills, how much knowledge of the relevant subjects you have. You have to answer everything in the provided time-frame. Try to start answering those on which you are sure, and pre-exam preparations in time-frame will develop your ability to answer quickly.
You can start your IMAT preparation course on your own or take the help of various IMAT entrance coaching centers. There are many best IMAT coaching in India, where professionals and experts where you can get help on every aspect of the exam. If you think you need assistance, you can always opt for IMAT coaching.