If you want to understand, what is GRE? You are on the right platform! GRE stands for "Graduate Record Examination," which is one the most extensive exam to assess the students for the graduate programs in foreign universities. The GRE exam is conducted by the "Educational Testing Service" - ETS.
Every year, around half a million students worldwide appear for the GRE test across 1,000 exam centers in about 160 countries set up and regulated by ETS. The GRE scores are the most acceptable scores for the students to take masters and doctorate programs around the globe.
About 1,200 institutions worldwide accept the GRE scores, which include top-ranking business schools. In this write-up, we will discuss almost every aspect of the GRE, from GRE prep to GRE exam eligibility, GRE syllabus to GRE online coaching, so let us move quickly to this.
Who Can Take the GRE Exam?
GRE exam score is the most accepted criterion for universities worldwide for admission in graduate programs for international students. Moreover, the students who want to get admission in Masters, MBA, or Ph.D. can also appear for the GRE general exam. The GRE score also helps students to avail the merit-based scholarships offered by various universities. Thousands of graduate institutions accept GRE test scores around the globe. Besides that, various business and law schools accept the GRE scores for admission in their institutions. The students who want to take admission in various US universities' MS courses can take the GRE general exam.
Eligibility Criteria for GRE Exam
Anyone can appear for the GRE, as there are no set eligibility criteria irrespective of age, gender, and qualification. The candidate should need to present the original passport at the examination center as identity proof. So, make sure to have a valid passport before appearing for the exam.
- There are no specific age criteria for the GRE.
- As per ETS, there is not any specific educational qualification required to appear for the GRE. It is accepted that students have graduate degrees from reputed institutions.
GRE Exam Fee
- You need to pay $213 as a GRE application fee, which is similar globally. The GRE subject test cost $150. In case you want to reschedule the exam or change the exam center, you will have to pay the additional fees.
The students need to qualify for the GRE if they want to pursue education abroad. The students are advised to check the university guidelines related to GRE before applying for the exam. Moreover also go through the GRE latest exam pattern and syllabus as given below:
Two Tests Format
The GRE consist of two tests format - GRE General Test, and GRE Subject Test:
- GRE General Test This is the standard test to assess the students' - verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, and analytical writing skills.
- GRE Subject Test Some of the specific courses require a subject test for admission that focuses on the students' expertise in the particular field.
The students you want to pass the GRE need to follow the solid preparation plan. They can even opt for GRE coaching from the GRE coaching centers. Besides that, there are various GRE online prep options from where you can take help. There are also the best GRE coaching in India that can help you prepare for the exam and clear your every query regarding the exam.