Are you planning to travel to study in Italy? You need complete support from an overseas education consultant to aid you with university and visa applications.
Do you want to apply for your student visa on your own?
Find out what are the basic visa requirements to study in Italy for Indian students.
Italy Student Visa Issuance
Before you apply for your student visa with Italy, understand who issues it for you. The Italian Consulate General or Embassy offices near you will grant you a student visa.
Unlike the members of the EU and EFTA, Indians are not eligible to study and reside in Italy without a visa. You need to obtain your student visa way before you arrive in the country. Follow the document checklist given here to prepare your documents for the Italy student visa application.
Italy Student Visa Requirement for Indian Nationals
Indian nationals can secure two categories of student visas when they travel abroad for studies. The category varies with the study program duration.
|S.NO.||Duration of Educational Course||Visa Category|
|1||For courses completing in 90 days||Type C or Short stay study visa|
|2||For course taking more than 90 days||Type D or Long Stay Study Visa|
Irrespective of the type of visa you need, one must start the visa proceedings well in advance to your date of arrival in Italy. Getting a Student visa is a lengthy procedure. Students are allowed to initiate their visa application immediately on receiving their invitation letter from the universities.
Student Visa Requirement in Italy
While applying for a study visa in Italy, you need to furnish the below documents at the Consulate or Embassy.
- One valid passport with a minimum of two blank pages in it for visa stamping. Ensure the passport is valid for at least 3 months after your intended stay in Italy for overseas education.
- The acceptance and invitation letter from the Italian university where you applied.
- A completely filled up Student Visa form.
- One copy of your travel plan and itinerary to show your arrival and departure from Italy.
- Negative criminal record certificate.
- Scorecard from language proficiency tests like IELTS or TOEFL that shows your fluency in both English and Italian.
- Sufficient fund records in financial documents to support you during your course session.
- Accommodation proof in Italy
- Overseas Medical Insurance with a minimum coverage of Euro 30,000/-
- Receipt received against the visa fee payment.
Applying for a student visa in Italy is not a difficult task. All you need is to have your documents prepared, the acceptance letter from the overseas university, and pay the visa fees.
The student visa fees from India are currently Euro 50 per application. Apart from the fee, students need to pay for the VFS handling charges and proceed with the visa.
Do you have your documents ready? What are you waiting for? Apply for your study visa in Italy today and enjoy a hassle-free proceeding.