Do you want to study abroad in Ireland? Know the prerequisites for visa application to study in Ireland for Indian students before you apply for the universities.
Having a college admission is not enough to study abroad. You need to meet the student visa eligibility to apply for the best colleges in Ireland.
There are different types of visas, and you need to know which one is ideal for you before applying. The student visa requirement by the Irish Government depends on the subjects you wish to study abroad and your age.
Types of Student Visa in Ireland
To study in Ireland, you can secure either of the two categories of visas as a student from the Irish Government.
|S.NO.||Study Duration||Visa Category|
|1||Study tenure less than 3-months||C-type Study Visa|
|2||Study tenure more than 3-months||D-type Study Visa|
Student Visa Requirement by the Irish Government
To get an Irish student visa, you need to have these documents.
- A passport with a minimum of 12-months validity post arrival at the country and two blank pages.
- Acceptance letter from any acknowledged Irish University.
- 2 colored passport-sized photographs of the applicant.
- Valid English language proficiency test (IELTS) scorecard copy with a minimum of 5-band score.
- Valid admission receipt or any document that proves the payment for course fees to the Irish Institution.
- A bank account statement showing sufficient funds (€7,000) to support your livelihood in Ireland during the course duration.
- Your educational (graduation) certificate
- Document proof to support gap in education (if any)
- A copy of overseas medical insurance
- Visa application covering letter expressing your commitment to leave Ireland on your visa expiry.
- In case of a type C Student visa, you need to provide proof of your return to your home country (A copy of return flight tickets)
- Academic ability is proof to show your ability to sustain the course chosen by you.
Apart from submitting the given documents, you will have to appear at the Irish Consulate or Embassy for your biometrics. Irish consulate has the sole discretion of calling students for a personal interview at the consulate.
While submitting the documents, you must remain careful that all your documents are in Irish/English. If you have some document in a language apart from Irish/English, remember to include a complete translation of the same.
The Requirement to Submit a Translated Document
If you submit a document in your regional language, it is best to arrange for these additional documents.
- A registered translator’s confirmation letter certifies the document as an exact translation of the original document.
- Ensure that the translation document has a translator
- Complete name and recognized signature of your supplier.
- Your translator’s contact information.
Other Documents and Fees
Once you have prepared your personal documents, applicants or candidates need to fill up the Visa application form and submit it to the Consulate.
Upon complete document submission, you will be paying a Visa fee of Rs. 4,100/- against a single entry visa. The payment makes the transaction complete until you further receive your data.