Studying in a foreign country is a great milestone for your career. You get to learn among the best minds of the globe. The scope of knowledge and career both gets elevated. But, speaking on practical terms, the expense of studying abroad is very costly as well. There are a lot of steps involved and thus, monetary angle dominates.
But, what if we tell you that there are scholarships available for you through which you may study in abroad for free. Yes, that’s completely possible. There is plenty of government funded and private scholarships that give this golden opportunity to the students. We have listed the top scholarships for which eligible students can apply.
- National Overseas Scholarship – This scholarship is availed by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and is helpful for students falling under SC, landless laborers and nomad tribes. If the eligible class wants to pursue a Master’s or PhD course, is below 35 years of age and has family annual income of less than 8 Lakhs, then he may apply for this one. Plus, he must also have more than 60 percent marks in the qualifying exam. All the expenses from tuition fee to travel expenditure are included in this one. You may enquire further on the Ministry’s website.
- GREAT Scholarships India – There are a few scholarships which are provided by the foreign University of country itself for students willing to study in their institute. This is one such scholarship for Indian students provided by UK educational institutions. The applicant must be an Indian student and have an excellent track record to be eligible for this scholarship. He should have great IELTS and GMAT score and have keen interest in the subject he want to study. Tuition fee, travel allowance and all other expenses are covered and the maximum which is offered is 10 thousand dollars.
- Commonwealth Scholarships – This scholarship is provided by the UK government for Commonwealth, who can not afford studying in UK otherwise. This is open for all the countries which are included in the Commonwealth. The student can opt for a Master’s Degree or a PhD program if he has got the minimum qualification to do so. The University will take over all the expenses from the tuition fee to the living expenses under this scheme.
- Cornell University Tata Scholarship – This scholarship is a collective effort made by the Cornell University and the Tata groups. They offer fully funded foreign education to Indian students in the Cornell University. You can get the benefits of this scheme if you’ve already got admission in Cornell University based on your marks and history. The applicant must not be able to bear his study expenses otherwise and must have deep knowledge of the subject.
- University of New South Wales India Scholarship – This scholarship is provided to the Indian students willing to pursue Under-Graduation or Post-Graduation from the University of New South Wale in Sydney. The University provides 10 thousand dollars for scholars who want to study in their college. But for Engineering courses which need extra fee, University offers some concession. You may apply to this scholarship only after you get admission in the University.