Are you planning to study in Canada? Every year, we see a huge demand among Indians to study abroad in Canada. If you are one of those students, here is the study in Canada requirements for Indian students.
If you meet the eligibility criteria, prepare your documents and proceed with your student visa application. The country is ready to welcome international students with open arms, promising the best education in the world.
Are you Eligible to Apply?
The most important requirement for a student to study abroad in Canada is meeting the eligibility criteria for application. You are eligible to apply with the Canadian universities if you meet the below criteria.
• Students need to score a minimum aggregate of 50% in their graduation (3-years course) from an AICTE or UGC recognized university.
• Engineers need to complete a 4-year degree course and secure 50% aggregate to apply.
• The student should be of minimum 18-years of age.
Work Permit Eligibility:
If you are already residing in Canada for education and need a work permit, the requirements are-
• To get a work permit in Canada, you need to pursue a course that has a minimum 8 months duration.
• If you need a work permit after post-graduation, you should pursue a course with a duration of no less than 2 years.
Student Visa Requirement to Study in Canada
Once you are eligible to apply and have received your invitation letter from the universities, here are the visa requirements to study in Canada for Indian students.
- Passport with minimum 6-months validity
- Notarized certificate copies for your 10th, 12th, and graduate degrees.
- Graduation transcripts
- 2 academic references
- Acceptance letter from Universities
- Proof of course fee payment
- Application letter stating the purpose of visit
- 2 x passport-sized photographs
- Proof of funds to support your stay in Canada
- English Proficiency Test (IELTS general) scorecard
- Visa application form
Further to the given document requirements, students who have prior part-time (20 hours a week) employment offer in hand, you need to submit the proof of employment with the consulate as well.
Getting a student visa through the Canadian consulate is not a difficult job if you have all the necessary documents handy. If you are not sure what more you need to study abroad in Canada, get in touch with an overseas study consultant. A professional will guide you with the document requirement and get the certificates notarized for you.